Home automation is a popular topic these days, being able to take control of your home’s systems no matter where you are leaves you feeling in control all the time. As the technology industry continues to grow and systems become more advanced, home automation will become more commonplace for the average home. Home automation might be a simple installation, especially if you have other security or automation systems in your home. AC Masters is a leader in the HVAC industry and we’re here to walk you through why home automation is the right step for your home.
Save Some Money
We ALL like to save money, especially when it comes to things like our HVAC system that runs all day even when we’re not home. Installing a home automation system that connects to your HVAC unit can help you to save money. Home automation systems offer homeowners the ability to set their HVAC on a schedule so that it runs most efficiently throughout the day. You can also control the airflow and temperature within specific parts of your home, leading to better customization for your family.
- If you feel like whole-home automation is a bit much, you could start the switch by installing smart thermostats. These can connect to your smartphone and will allow you to have complete control over your home’s AC and heat.
Improve Your Indoor Air Quality
We’ve talked several times about how important it is to have good air quality in your home. With home automation improving your indoor air quality is easier than ever. Check out some of these awesome ways that home automation can help improve your home’s indoor air quality (IAQ).
- Program your thermostat to notify you anytime air flow is slowed or clogged. This is likely a sign that your air filters need replaced or that your ducts are dirty — both of these affect your air quality.
- Receive reports when your temperature falls into ranges that don’t promote good IAQ.
- Be able to adjust humidity levels and settings with the click of button.
- You can even set a notification to call and set up an appointment with your HVAC technician when filters need changed or your system needs maintenance.
Have Peace of Mind
The feeling of wondering whether you set your thermostat to the right temperature or if you turned the heat on instead of the AC can be annoying. Let’s be honest in this digital age we all enjoy being able to manage our lives through our smartphones, it’s simple. Having your HVAC system connected to home automation allows you to have peace of mind. No matter where you are, you can control the AC or heat in your home. It can also make identifying problems with your HVAC system easier.
Home automation is an incredible tool that makes owning a home a little easier. AC Masters knows that installing a home automation system can be a confusing process though, with so many options available it’s hard to know where to start. We’ve got you covered. AC Master’s is a leader in HVAC and we’re happy to assist you in finding the right home automation system for your home. Give us a call to learn more about home automation and what might be right for you (757) 847-5252