The average household uses up to 6% of its energy consumption on air conditioning. As a homeowner, one of the best ways for you to keep that cost down, while also increasing the life of your system, is to have it regularly serviced by a trained professional.
At A/C Masters we offer both a standard 16-point performance check-up as well as a 47-point in-depth tune-up as part of our Seasonal Service Agreements. For more information on our service agreement program, or to schedule your next service, please give us a call at (757) 898-2894 or submit your check-up or tune-up request online.
16-Point Performance Check-Up
- Check Thermostat Operation
- Clean filter or replace (customer supplied)
- Check system temperature split
- Inspect disconnect
- Inspect fuses
- Inspect wiring
- Tighten electrical connections
- Inspect contactors, relays and pressure controls
- Inspect electrical safety circuits
- Check voltage and amperage to all motors
- Inspect indoor blower and motor for dirt buildup
- Inspect bearings and lubricate all moving parts (if needed)
- Inspect condensate drain
- Inspect outdoor coil
- Inspect duct seal at unit and secure panels
- Run and test system
Note: Inspections for different types of systems may vary.
The Importance of Regular Maintenance
As homeowner, there are many things you can do which will dramatically impact the air quality and life expectancy of your home’s HVAC system. These activities can range from regularly changing your home air filter to keeping your outdoor unit clear of dirt and lawn debris. Yet even so, it is important to have your system regularly serviced to ensure it keeps your family comfortable for years to come.